expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tried It Tuesday {Disney App}

Wahoo! I have been in sunny Florida since Friday and am loving my time off here with the family! It is going to be rough going back to the snow and cold! If you are headed to Disney World anytime in your future, check out my post below. :)
It's Time for Tried It Tuesday! 
What have you tried recently at school or home?
My Tried It:
Disney App
I heard about this My Disney Experience App from my friend, Matt, at Digital Divide and Conquer. He always has the best, innovative technology tips to use in the classroom!
I am not sure why this app has only 3 stars at Amazon because we are loving it here on our trip to Disney World! People probably just have much more experience using apps than we do. I am still fairly a newbie in that department. On Friday we tested the app out at Magic Kingdom and used it again yesterday at Animal Kingdom. The more we used it, the more we found we were relying on it for real time information.
Here is a screenshot from Animal Kingdom yesterday. The "blue compass" is where we were at and the little arrow is pointing in the direction we are walking! The purple stars are rides with no wait times and the other purple squares show rides with their wait times in real time. Isn't that cool?
 This is another screenshot where the purple Mickeys show where there are character greetings at that time. You click on the park you are at, then "characters", then "map" at the top instead of "list". The blue compass again shows where we are. The map can be zoomed in and out too.
 Here is a screenshot of Magic Kingdom. We took this when we were at Animal Kingdom so this is why there is no blue compass. The white square with purple star shows the name of the attraction when it is clicked.
 Click on the restaurant choice in the main menu and you see info to make reservations if they are available, make reservations right with the app, and see the menu options.

Once you are logged into the app, all your reservations are automatically inputed even if you didn't make them using the app! It is really useful in my opinion and FREE of course!
I am a first timer at Disney and it really is truly magical! 
It was made even more magical because I was able to meet my BBB, Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching in person!! She is the first blogger I have "met"! She is even sweeter in person than I imagined. Our daughters are both named "Lily" and are only a couple weeks apart in age! Here we are:
Here are two of my favorite pictures so far with our daughter meeting Rapunzel and our son all tuckered out yesterday at 7:00 when we arrived back at the hotel. :)

Don't forget to check out this amazing deal at Educents that I have submitted two math products for! It is only $10.99 for ten products and first time buyers get an additional discount!


12 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great trip to Disney. I will have to remember that app if I ever make it down there.

    Thank you!
    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo envious but also happy for you! I LOVE Disney and haven't been in aeons! Plus, you got to meet Joanne... I LOVE her! Thanks for taking time out to continue Tried It Tuesday during your vacay... now that's blogging dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are having an amazing trip! You deserve a little relaxation! I haven't tried that Disney app, so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do y'all have the magic bands? When I went to Disney, the app was awesome because you could get all your fast passes through it, and they would go to your magic band! :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, there is literally an app for everything! It looks you had an amazing time! If I ever head back to Disney in the near future, I'll need to keep this app in mind!

    Thanks for hosting and sharing!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the app information, going to download it for sure! I am so glad you are having such a magical experience. You and Joanne are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are having a great time at Disney. Super jealous you and Joanne are getting to hang out, but happy for you both! XOXOX
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun!! I haven't been to Disney since I was 6...so I will totally use that app if I ever go! Scratch that...I will go one day!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids are about the same age - I'm pretty sure I have almost the exact same pictures. I hope it was all you wished for and more! We used the app, too. Our problem is usually that my husband's phone dies from trying to share pictures with the world.

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are having a wonderful time! I love the Disney App too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The app sounds great! Hasn't our world changed? On a sad note I never took my kids to Disney World. We always took winter ski vacations when my kids were little. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FUN trip! I haven't been to Florida since I was in 3rd grade - I think I am due for a trip!

    Kate :
    )McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete