expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky (Classroom favorite places:)

I love the fun topics from Latoya's Let's Get Acquainted linky at Flying Into First Grade!
The topic this week is three favorite places in your classroom.

1.  The Meeting Area
Here is the math word wall pocket chart, file organizing pocket chart, Daily 5 (4) posters, and my rug with (tiny) library to the right of this area.
This board now has my owl helpers display next to the math words.  I am loving it!

2.  The Book Box Storage Area  
This has been one of my favorite updates this year in ELA which I modeled after Daily 5.  My ELA is a different mix of students than my homeroom and I used to have them store their materials in cubbies.  This is SO much better!  They take their book box with them to centers and it is always available during writing conferences!

3.  Classroom Door
This is my favorite classroom door that I have had:)  
It just brightens my day each time I look at my little owl students!

Link up with Flying Into First Grade to share the favorite parts of your classroom:)

7 comments:

  1. I like your book boxes - I imagine that it works out well since reading and writing tools go together to have them stored in one spot - may have to rethink the way we store materials for next year. I also love tht you have a class theme - I did not do one this year and I miss it - next year Superheros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a real meeting area, I just don't have enough space. I love that you still use a meeting area in 4th grade! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the door! I think I've said before, I have those same owls in my room for my theme!! :O) I did book boxes a few years ago. That group was really tough on them. Then I spent way too much money on plastic ones...those got destroyed after two years too...now we are onto buckets. Whoa is me...these have faired better! :O)

    Hope testing is going ok!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my book boxes as well. I teach ELAR for two classes, so they help with keeping their independent reading books organized. We keep their journals in the desks, one person has the left and the other the right side. They DO NOT understand this concept lol. Next year they might have to keep more things in their book boxes!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks cute, colorful, and organized. Does everyone in your class have a job each week?

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room. I'm so glad I found your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete